Less than five years ago, a small team of passionate community members and medical providers combined forces to open Austin’s first PrEP clinic. That small operation quickly expanded from a single-room in a borrowed space to become Kind Clinic, the largest sexual health and wellness provider in Central Texas with no out-of-pocket cost for patients. But there is much more work to be done!
We are excited to announce that Texas Health Action will open Kind Clinic South Austin in Fall 2020!
This new location will be located at 2800 S. I-35 (Fountain Park Plaza III) and offer 6,550 square feet of space. Kind Clinic South Austin will:
- Double our capacity to provide our full sexual wellness services of PrEP and PEP for HIV prevention, care for people living with HIV, STI testing and treatment, and gender-affirming care
- Allow hassle-free prescription pick-up with our in-house pharmacy. For the first time, patients will be able to get the care they deserve and the prescriptions they need— all in a single visit!
- Reduce travel time and increase access for our patients
- Increase our capacity to train physician residents for psychiatric, internal medicine, and HIV specialty care
- Enable the addition of a social work team for complex medical case management
Our team is hard at work planning our upcoming clinic opening. Stay tuned for future announcements and, most importantly, thank you for being Kind!