Updated on April 1, 2020
We have transitioned the majority of our appointments to our virtual telemedicine service, TeleKind. TeleKind allows you to complete your visit from the comfort of your home by engaging with your provider via a video chat. By transitioning to virtual appointments, we can lower the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for our patients and clinic staff, while still providing our sexual wellness and health services to our communities.
If your provider feels that you need a physical examination, we will still be able to see you at one of our clinic locations. These cases include coming into the clinic for treatment, to pick up a medication, or for lab-work or testing. If your appointment has not already been rescheduled to TeleKind, you should be receiving a phone call and an email link in the coming days with instructions on how to access your TeleKind appointment. Please be sure to check your junk mailbox if you haven’t received anything or call our Patient Support Center at 1-833-WE-R-KIND (1-833-937-5463) with any questions or concerns about TeleKind.
Please be aware that for many appointment types, we will need to call you the day before your appointment to get some basic information prior to your visit. Those calls will come from 512-853-9547.
If you have received HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) injections in the clinic:
We have not previously required appointments for drop-in injection visits. We will now schedule these visits in advance and will only offer injections at our North Austin location.
Updated on March 19, 2020
Updated on March 18, 2020
We are still here for your sexual wellness and health needs, but we cannot treat or test for COVID-19. Our clinics will remain open until further notice, but with guidance from all health officials, we are implementing these important changes:
- Patients with follow-up appointments: We will be rescheduling many of our routine follow-up appointments to TeleKind virtual visits. These visits allow you to have a “face- to- face visit” with your Kind Clinic provider from your home, using just your smart phone, tablet, or computer. We will be reaching out to patients to reschedule these visits in the coming days. Learn more about TeleKind here.
- Temperature Checks: All patients will have their temperature taken and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before they enter a Kind Clinic location.
- Pre-appointment Screening: Someone from our team may call ahead to confirm that you do not have cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Limiting visitors: To help us conserve our supplies, we ask that visitors do not attend an appointment, unless necessary.
Stay up to date with the latest information on how we are responding to COVID-19 by checking in here. We will update this blog regularly as developments unfold. Have further questions? Give us a call at 1-833-WE-R-KIND (1-833-937-5463).
Remember, those who are older and may have underlying medical conditions are at a higher risk for serious complications. It’s important to show kindness and protect those most vulnerable to this virus and our frontline staff. In case of an emergency, please call 911. We encourage all to continue to practice social distancing, follow local guidelines regarding the size of group gatherings, and wash/sanitize your hands frequently.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms including dry cough, fever, difficulty breathing, or shortness of breath: Please reach out to your primary care provider immediately. If you do not have a primary care provider, please call:
- CommUnityCare in Austin at (512) 978-8775
- Metro Health in San Antonio at (210) 507-5779.
- If you have other cold or flu-like symptoms: Stay home and monitor your symptoms closely. We will not be able to see you in person, but we can schedule/reschedule your appointment to a virtual TeleKind appointment.
- If you are over the age of 65: For your own safety, we cannot see you in person but ask that you schedule/reschedule your existing or new appointment to a virtual TeleKind visit.
Never miss a dose:
We partner with pharmacies who can mail your prescriptions, or we recommend you ask a friend or family member to pick up your prescriptions and leave them at your door. Please reach out to our advocate team through your patient portal or by calling 1-833-WE-R-KIND (1-833-937-5463). We will do everything in our power to get you the prescriptions you need.
For immediate assistance with a mental health or substance use crisis, please call:
Integral Care’s (Austin) Crisis Hotline at (512) 472-4357
Center for Healthcare Services Crisis and Substance Use Hotline at (210) 223-7233.
Original Publication Date: March 13, 2020
As you may have heard, the COVID-19 virus has been confirmed in people in both Austin and San Antonio. We are monitoring the situation closely. Our health experts have been planning diligently to continue to provide sexual health services in the safest way possible, and our clinics will remain open until further notice.
We are increasing our already-thorough clinic sanitation practices and following all official guidance from health officials. However, we cannot treat or test for COVID-19. It is not within our scope to manage patients showing signs of COVID-19.
So, for the sake of your fellow Kind patients, please don’t come to the clinic with cold or flu-like symptoms. If you do arrive with symptoms, we cannot treat you, and you will be asked to call ahead to your nearest urgent care or primary care provider for guidance. Remember, those who may have underlying medical conditions may be at a higher risk for complications. Also, it is critical that we protect frontline healthcare workers so that they can continue to provide the care to those who need it most.
As an alternative to coming to the clinic, all current patients are recommended to use our TeleKind virtual service as an alternative if you are unable to make it to our clinic to continue receiving care. Established patients can schedule new appointments or reschedule your existing clinic appointment to a TeleKind appointment by calling us at 1-833-WE-R-KIND (1-833-937-5463).
If you are currently in a self-quarantine, we partner with pharmacies who can mail your prescriptions, or we recommend you ask a friend or family member to pick up your prescriptions and leave them at your door. Please reach out to your pharmacy about getting your prescriptions by mail, and feel free to reach out to our advocate team with any difficulties or questions.
Additionally, some members of our community may be under more stress than others. Remember to take care of your mental health and be patient with those around you. It is as important as ever to be kind.